Both full-time and part-time child care is available at SIDC. At the most basic level, the following admissions process steps occur:
- Get on the wait list. The length of our wait list varies from class to class. Given the high demand for quality childcare in downtown Seattle, we encourage you to get on the wait list as early as possible. To join the list, complete the Waitlist Application form. An administrative fee of $75 is due upon submittal of the completed Wait List Application Form. You will receive periodic notices as to your status on the list.
- Visit our Center. Tours of SIDC take place Tuesdays at 10:00 AM and 3:30 PM and also Thursdays at 10:00 AM. Please call to schedule an appointment. If you would like to email us for a tour request, Please add your phone number. this way, should a conflict arise on our end, we can contact you to reschedule. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Enrollment. When space becomes available, we will contact families based on the waitlist. Once a family accepts, a $500 deposit is required and an enrollment packet is sent out. Please then complete the packet and return it back to us.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- How does the wait list work?
- The wait list has three components:
- The date when we receive your wait list
- The age of your child
- The availability of space in our program depends largely on current child transitions, which are based on each child’s individual development and age. We work hard to match-up the transitions of current children in our care with enrollment of new children. While we do our very best to enroll as many children as possible, we unfortunately may not be able to enroll every child on their chosen enrollment date.
- The wait list has three components:
- Is the wait list fee refundable if we don’t get in?
- Since the wait list fee goes towards the administrative cost of running the transition list and wait list, it is not refundable.
- How often do you update families?
- We strive to update all families at least 6 weeks before their requested start date. Some families email us regularly for updates and others wait for us to email them.
- If I call and leave a message (or email), how quickly will you respond to me?
- We make every effort to respond to inquiries within a week of receiving them. Emails receive the fastest response time. If calling, please say your name and telephone number clearly.
- How far out do you fill a spot?
- We make every effort enroll children 6 weeks prior to their start date.
- What time do your classrooms open and close?
- Our Infant, Small Tod, and Big Tod rooms open at 7:30 am and close at 5:30 pm. Our Preschool and Pre-K rooms open at 7:30 am and close at 6:00 pm.
- What do Infant room, Small Tod, Big Tod, Preschool and Pre-K mean?
- Our infant room is for ages 1 month to 1 year. Small Tod is for 1-2 years, Big Tod is for 2-3 years, Preschool 3-4 years, and Pre-K for 4 to 6 years of age. Please note that this ages are used as the guideline and not the rule. Each child is transition based on each child’s individual needs.
- I have lots of other questions!
- Come visit us! Schedule a tour by emailing email@example.com.
- I can’t visit the center!
- If you can’t come for a tour- please email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an informational call about our center.
- What is the tuition?
- Tuition information is below.
- We do not have any current openings but unanticipated openings do occur. Please email Serafima at email@example.com with any inquiries.
A $500 deposit is required to reserve your child’s space. This will be applied to the final month tuition amount, which is due upon your child’s enrollment in the center.
SIDC’s operating budget is funded primarily by tuition. SIDC does not require fundraising efforts by parents. To that end, the SIDC Board of Directors conducts an annual budget meeting at which time tuition rates for the following year are established. These rates are communicated and discussed at an annual parent meeting.
Tuition is due upon the first business day of each month. A late fee will apply if tuition is received after the fifth calendar day of each month.
Tuition Rate During a Transition Month
If a child transitions during the first half of the month, tuition is paid at 1/2 the younger room rate and 1/2 the older room rate; if a child transitions during the second half of the month, the full month’s tuition is paid at the younger room rate.
The Spanish Language School
SIDC includes Spanish language learning as part of its program for all enrolled children. This weekly program is provided by The Spanish Language School, a local multi-lingual language school. Their goal is to create an environment where exposure to language is both natural and fun. Children acquire language best as they interact with people and play. The program is designed to include words and phrases that children want to use and is presented in multiple ways. During each class, children will be exposed to a rich language environment as the teacher covers functional language, vocabulary and conversation builders.
Learning a second language at an early age has a positive effect on intellectual growth, enriches and enhances a child’s mental development and leaves children with more flexibility in thinking, greater sensitivity to language, a better ear for listening and a head start for language requirements in college. The thematic units and spiral methodology allow children to have repeat exposure to language functions with the context of new and interesting themes.
Parents are billed separately for this program on a monthly basis. The cost is $9 per child and the class is currently taught on Mondays.