Join our Team
We are currently hiring for a new Executive Director.
About the Organization
Seattle Infant Development Center (SIDC) is seeking a motivated, caring management professional to lead our high-quality early childhood education program. SIDC is located in downtown Seattle and provides care and early education to children ages one month to five years. We currently serve approximately 60 children across five classrooms ranging from infant to pre-kindergarten. SIDC maintains low child-to teacher ratios and proudly participates in Early Achievers, Washington’s voluntary quality rating and improvement system (QRIS). SIDC is in its third year implementing the HighScope curriculum with teachers participating in the City of Seattle’s annual curriculum training program. We are excited to hire a leader of our team to build upon the strong foundation of quality care and early education established for the children and families we serve.
The Executive Director (ED) provides strategic leadership for SIDC and is charged with building a strong community among teachers, parents, and staff to support children’s success. The ED manages program implementation and evaluation, day-to-day operations, administration of funds, enrollment, marketing, and staff recruitment and development. A key role of the ED is to oversee the design and implementation of curriculum and high-quality program offerings. Central to the ED’s roles as an educational leader, s/he is also responsible for recruiting, hiring, and developing SIDC’s culturally diverse, well-trained, and dedicated staff. The ED works with the Board of Directors to develop an annual budget for the center to ensure that the center operates as a financially sound 501(c)(3) organization with strong policies and procedures related to administration, finances, operations, technology, emergency preparedness, and regulatory compliance. The ED manages the licensing process and ensures the center’s care and education standards meet or exceed all Washington State Department of Children, Youth, and Families and Early Achievers’ guidelines. The ED reports to the Board of Directors.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide leadership and strategic direction for running a high-quality early education program
- Ensure the center’s compliance with Washington Administrative Code (WAC) and state licensing requirements
- Maintain effective communication among staff, parents, and the Board
- Supervise the Operations Manager, service staff, and instructional staff including hiring and
- Implement center-wide professional development opportunities as well as personalized in-class coaching support for staff
- Conduct annual center-wide and staff goal-setting and evaluation processes
- Assist with fundraising efforts and operate within a fiscally sound budget
- Enroll the school to capacity and market the center to the community
- Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education or related field required; Master’s Degree preferred
- At least 3-5 years of management experience in a full-day child development center
- Must meet Director qualifications for the state of Washington
- A self-starter with proven ability, initiative, and willingness to learn new skills
- Experience implementing the HighScope curriculum highly desired, willingness to learn a must
- Experience managing staff, including past responsibility for hiring new staff and implementing professional development opportunities to enhance staff knowledge and skills
- Ability to build and maintain strong partnerships with staff, parents, and the Board of Directors
- Demonstrated proficiency analyzing problems, identifying potential actions, implementing
solutions, and reporting results of action
- Ability to effectively review, analyze, and present operational and financial information
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Knowledgeable of the Washington Administrative Code (WAC) and state licensing requirements
- Strong computer skills with a willingness to learn new programs as needed is required
SIDC is an equal opportunity employer and offers a competitive salary, paid vacation, excellent benefits, and a strong, committed staff.
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter describing their interest in this position to firstname.lastname@example.org. Application materials will be reviewed on a rolling basis.